Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tonight my roommate and I are having quite a few women from church over to celebrate with my friend who will be getting married next week. We are having fancy cupcake night where everyone brings their own favorite topping. Yesterday my roommate and I cleaned our apartment-a little bit of spring cleaning as well. I pulled the oven away from the wall to discover a lovely mixure of dust and an array of ingrediants that didn't make it into the pan for one reason or another:) And it's always a sure sign the floor needs to be mopped when as you mop you see a clear line between what is clean and what isn't:)

Last night I got together with some guys from church, we are going to be leading the worship this sunday. It was so much fun practicing. We are singing Come to Jesus the version done by Mindy Smith. If you haven't heard her music its great-very folk with a mix of bluegrass as well. Which seems to be my choice of music lately: JJ Heller, Brandi Carlile, Patty Griffith, Gillian Welch, Emmy Lou Harris, Eva Cassidy, and Mindy Smith. But I also still love Bebo Norman and Sarah Groves. Who by the way I recently heard sing hear in Portland-that is Bebo. It was so good, Philip Larue opened for him. What I love I think about Bebo is that not only does he sing but he does a little bit of heart conversation mixed with a little preaching:) And his music isn't just for listening sake but actually allows you to enter into worship.

Anyway I need to make more cupcakes and clean my room along with a very long list so I should stop procrastinating and get to work.

No comments: