Sunday, September 6, 2009

The colors of the fall right around the corner. Awe inspiring to see creation ebb and flow. The simple growth of a plant, the way a flower spreads it petals towards the sun, the dying of a tree and how even in its death can look so beautiful, the way water can be become muddied when you lift your foot from the ocean floor, the scurring of a squirrel as it winds its way up the tree, or the way the sun breaks through the fir trees and casts its ray on the forest floor resting on the ferns and creating so many hues of green, the way wind sweeps in and can change a scene. All so intricately woven together not by mistake and not to be unnoticed. I am not trying to be over spiritual as I right these entries but my heart wants to be always seeking after God and the beautiful mysteries and revelations of his kingdom his love and all sufficient grace. And how can you not look at creation and not see the revelation of scripture and the beauty and majesty of God. I think its one of the biggest ways the spirit works within my heart.

But there are so many things that can keep me from relishing in his glory. So many ways in which I can destroy the work that he is trying to do in me and His kingdom. Whether its through my selfish desires, and sin that so easily entangles like an irritation or rash that spreads and becomes more infected if not treated. How awesome that God sees the depth of my heart when I stumble and my faith is small He never fails to love. When I become angered, when I am bitter, when I am blind and deaf to others and their needs, when I am lazy and ignorant, and when I create a wall of idols between me and God I am just like those Israelites wandering in the desert who even after the freedom of slavery become hardened in their hearts. Oh that I might remember the purposes of God His indescribable uncontainable sovereignty and beauty of the cross.

You give and take away for my good for who am I to say what I need.
For You alone see the hidden parts of me that need to be stripped away.
And as You begin to refine, I'm learning to let go,
To rely on one who walks with me,
As hard as it may be You're teaching me all the while to say-

Bless the Lord, O my soul, all that's in me bless His name.
Forget not Your power untold, not Your glory or Your fame.
For You came to heal the broken, to redeem and make me whole.
Bless the Lord, O my soul.

Though my faith may falter and my strength fail,
I pray for eyes to see, the richness of Your mercy shown to me.
Bless the Lord.
-Laura Story




1 comment:

fai lok teen see said...

Oh! Oh!... I love that song from Laura Story as well... in fact, pretty much all of her songs...